How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

General Query:American citizen (AC) was offered a job in

Resolved Question:

General Query: American citizen (AC) was offered a job in the UK on a contract basis for an electronics company. The contract terms was that AC would receive ongoing contracts for electronic goods that he could sell.  AC now has buyers in the UK willing to buy the electronic goods but the buyers want to see that AC has the relevant work permits and trade licenses before they purchase anything.  How can AC obtain an unsponsored work permit and how much would it cost.  He also requires a trade license - where would he get that and how much would it cost. His contract with his sponsored company is coming to an end soon but his visa is valid for a few more months.


Look forward to receiving a response soon.

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If I have provided you with an answer, kindly click ACCEPT.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to obtain an unsponsored work permit as these categories are not currently open.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

Kind regards,
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you