How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13326
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello,I applied to get a UK Tier4 Visa (General Student)

Customer Question

Hello, I applied to get a UK Tier4 Visa (General Student) two week ago and I got it last week but I faced a problem while I'm preparing to my travel which is my last name has changed and according to my country's laws I have to re-issue a new passport! my course will be started next week? My question, what should I do? I don't have much time to apply again and I have legal documents to prove my old/new last name if needed. Should I go to the British Embassy in my country and explain the situation for them? And is there any chance to use my Visa in my old passport! Thanks in advance.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
If you have a visa in your old passport and you are able to produce proper evidence of the your change of name then that should be ok. The visa remains valid you will simply have to produce both passports and the legal evidence of change of name. You do not explain why your name has changed but I would suggest you get any relevant documents notarised.