UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

My wife is chinese she has a 2 year visa for england, I want…

Customer Question
My wife is chinese she...
My wife is chinese she has a 2 year visa for england, I want to take her on holiday to spain. Will I need another visa for her to travel to and from england
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
3/15/2012
Solicitor: Thomas, Solicitor replied 6 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor

Do you mean a visa for her to travel to Spain?

Tom
Yes she her resident visa for England that lasts for 2 years, before she has her final exam, so will I have to get her another visa to travel to Spain ??
Hi
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, she will have to apply for a visa in the usual way that Chinese citizens do I’m afraid. The fact that she is on a spouse visa having applied for settlement does not in itself change her citizenship and give her additional rights to be considered as British for the purpose of applying for visas for other countries.
If and when she naturalises as a UK citizen she will not require a visa to travel to Spain, or other EEA countries, because she will at that point acquire EEA treaty rights by virtue of her UK citizenship.
Sorry it could not be better news.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Do you wish for me to advise you of the eligibility criteria for naturalisation as a UK citizen, including when would be the earliest she could apply?
Hi Tom Yes could you tell me when my wife will be eligibility for being a uk citizen "FAO Tom"

Yes, if you submit a further question to the board I shall answer for you.

When doing so please request me via my profile and mark your question "FAO Tom".

Kind regards

Tom