UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

Hello, my girlfreind is a Ukrainian national, she was married…

Customer Question
Hello, my girlfreind is a...
Hello, my girlfreind is a Ukrainian national, she was married to a German national. She has lived in the UK for four years and is par temployed and part self employed. She is on a family visa which is due to run out in Dec 2013. She was finally divorced two months ago.

Can she still visit The Ukraine and return to the UK on this visa.
Can she marry here or in the Ukraine and gain entry on this visa.
What requirements are need to marry and remain in the UK.

Regards

Ivor Field
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
3/7/2012
Solicitor: UK-Justice, Barrister replied 6 years ago
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

1) Yes, her visa remains valid for its duration

2) Yes she can marry in the UK, but would need to reapply for a visa Dec 2013

3) Nothing - both must be single, not married and they can get married here in the UK. She does not even need a visa to marry in the UK.

Please remember to click accept so that I am credited for my time. Thank you.
UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Solicitor: Awan-Legal, Solicitor replied 6 years ago
Awan-Legal
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.