How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i get my fillipine girl friend to uk for a holiday

Resolved Question:

How do i get my fillipine girl friend to uk for a holiday
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
She will need to apply for a visitor’s visa.

The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow (as I am sure you know), is that you need to show that:-
• You want to visit the UK for no more than six months;
• You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
• You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds

The UKBA will be suspicious that she may not intend to return home at the end of the visit because she is your girlfriend so you will have to attempt to address these concerns in the application.

You have to try and show them that she has continuing obligations in the Phillipines which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that she is not a risk of overstay because she at present has compelling family and social/work ties to her home country which mean that she will not attempt to secure a permanent stay here whilst she is visiting. Things like a letter from her employer stating she has a job (if he does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property), bank statements showing the money she has available, letters from relatives/friends confirming any obligations she has to them.

If you will assist her during the intended stay you should go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of the visit, that you are to return at the end of it, that although you are in a relationship with her you both know that she MUST leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship, that you shall accommodate you and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds.

This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:-

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What happens if you get married to the girl when on the visit
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.


That would be a technical breach of the immigration rules, which could cause serious problems for any future visa applications she would choose to make. If she wishes to visit for the purposes of marrying you and then returning home then she would have to apply for a marriage visitor's visa (as opposed to a simple visitor's visa) as you will see from this link:-


See " Visiting for other reasons" at the bottom of the page.


If what you would like to happen is for her to come to the UK to marry you and then settle permanently with you then you need to make a completely different application.

I can provide you with guidance on this if you wish but you would have to submit another question to the board because it's a separate issue to this one (ie. a visitor's visa) If you wish to do this simply submit a further question and request me via my profile and mark yoru question "FAO Tom".

Trust this clarifies, please click accept.

Kind regards,


Thomas and 3 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you