How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was born in the United States, but myself and my husband

Resolved Question:

My son was born in the United States, but myself and my husband were born in the U.K., although both of us are now U.S.citizens'

He wants to claim U.K. dual citizenship through us, how does he go about it.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

Good news.

Your son is already a British Citizen by descent under S. 2(1)(a) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

All that needs to be done is to apply for a British Passport for him. Both the US and UK allow dual nationality and he will have no problems holding both passports.

All the best and please click Accept

Thank you
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions