How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live and work in W A and have permanent residency I am now

Customer Question

I live and work in W A and have permanent residency I am now wanting to apply for citizenship however I have been married twice first divorce 35 years ago second divorce 26 years ago I do not have my decree absolute's and have already spoken to my solicitor in England who has emailed to verify my last divorce as there is no gaurantee of finding copies of data after 25 years please advise me
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  lrizos replied 5 years ago.
Good Evening,

Your divorce was granted in Nottingham County Court?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes but they do not have my case number ***** decree absolute papers after 10 years all cases are sent to London Holburn street after 20 years they may be archived or destroyed according to the reply I received from Nottingham

Expert:  lrizos replied 5 years ago.
Good Evening,

Does the solicitors elected for you have any records of your case number?

the courts do not generally destroyed all the records most records are microfiched.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have already told you there is no case number ***** data would have to be searched as far back as 35years with great expense I can get copies of marriage certificates they are online access this is a nightmare
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
If you don't know the court number then you can ask the principal registry to do a search for £60 you will find the info here: