UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

I have got my Tier 2 visa for two years . Now i would like…

Customer Question
I have got my Tier...
I have got my Tier 2 visa for two years . Now i would like to do a part time job in another nursing home. I would like to know whether it is allowed because I am in tier 2.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
2/16/2012
Solicitor: John Knox, Solicitor replied 6 years ago
John Knox
John Knox, Solicitor

I will do my best to help you with this.

You can do a Tier 2 change of employment. However, you would have to repeat the process of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship and be reassessed against the points based test. On the positive side, it is the sponsoring company that is responsible for applying for the visa.

So, if you do find a job elsewhere, you will need to explain to them that you would need them to sponsor you and make the application etc. If they agreed, you could proceed.

John Knox
John Knox, Solicitor
No, I don't want to change my employer. As per my knowledge I heard When i am in Tier 2 General visa I can do another job with another employer but it should be less than 20 hours. Is it correct
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.