How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Awan-Legal Your Own Question
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 128
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Awan-Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my application for post study work was refused. i overstayed

This answer was rated:

my application for post study work was refused. i overstayed my visa for 4 month and after departing voluntarily, i was served with 10 year ban for overstaying at heathrow airport. The reason for Post study work refusal was maintainence funds. however i appeal for refusal back from my country under PANKINA judgement and i was given initially a 1 month visa to come to uk and apply for new visa under Post Study Work visa. however i opted to stay at my own country and i didnt went to uk in that 1 month time. I want to know whether my ban of 10 year has been overturned or not because of this 1 month visa?? or the ban still exist. 1 month visa sticker is on my passport due to pankina judgement. howwever i didnt went to uk in that one month time.

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal : The 10 yea ban is completely wrong as an overstayer who left the UK voluntarily at his or her own expense is banned for 1 or 2 years.
Awan-Legal : The 10 year ban is for deception cases or those removed from the UK at public expense.
Awan-Legal : Sorry the above should state one year ban for an overstayer who left voluntarily.
Awan-Legal : You should print and rely on the following when submitting a new application and explain that you are only eligible for a one year ban and it is outside the law for them to impose a 10 year ban:
Awan-Legal :
Awan-Legal : I would also suggest putting in a formal complaint to the following email enclosing the above link and a copy of your previous refusal as evidence that they have acted 'ultra vires' (outside their powers) and unlawfully by banning you for ten years.
Awan-Legal : The 1 month endorsement should suffice as a reason for them to disregard the ban as the authorities have accepted that you can enter the UK within this time and the ban does not therefore apply to you. (enclose a copy of the appeal determination/decision).
Awan-Legal : Good luck and kindly click accept on my answer. Please request me again should you have any further questions and I will be happy to help.
Awan-Legal : Ps the email address for complaints is Email:[email protected]
Awan-Legal and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions