How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I agree on the answer, it is in line with my supposition.

Resolved Question:

I agree on the answer, it is in line with my supposition. But I would like a double check considering also the 180 days rule of residence in a country to determine if spending just 3 months in UK initially, when anybody is not ordinary resident for first three years, that period may be excluded from the 17 years calculation for IHT.

thanks anyway

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.

Unfortunately, as I have explained, the intial 3 months period would be counted as a whole year for IHT purposes.

Hope this clarifies.

UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions