How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently in the tier 1 (general) visa category. My visa

Customer Question

I am currently in the tier 1 (general) visa category. My visa expires on 19 march and I would have lived in the uk for 5 years. Whilst I appreciate that I can apply for settlement I'm going to find the life in the uk test difficult. I was wondering if you can answer a couple of questions:

1. Could I simply extend my leave to remain even though I've been here for 5 years?

2. If the answer to the above is yes how many years leave will I get?

3. If the answer to 1 is no can I switch into tier 1 (investor) category?

4. If so how long can I stay for?

5. Would investment into a friend's business by helping with a mortgage count ads investment for this category?

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

What nationality are you?

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.

The Life in the UK test is quite easy and not as daunting as it may sound. It would be easiest hurdle for you to cross if you wish to remain in the UK long term.

Be that as it may, you may apply for further leave to remain under Tier 1 (General) if you qualify for the requisite points. You will be granted 2 years if you are currently a Tier 1 (General) migrant and your current permission to stay was granted before 6 April 2010.

I hav not answered your questions 3,4 and 5 as the answer to your question 2 is yes.

Hope this helps. Please click on Accept
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so much
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions