How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what rights does a child born in the phlippinnes to a phlippino

Resolved Question:

what rights does a child born in the phlippinnes to a phlippino mother & a british father have to travel to the uk?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-
1. Is the father British by birth
Kind regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes & lives in the uk



Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

If the child was born outside the UK after 1983 to a British father by birth then the child qualifies to be registered as a UK citizen by descent. This means that they are British and are entitled to a UK passport but if themselves have any children born outside the UK then those children would not qualify for UK citizenship.

She can be registered as a UK citizen and then apply for a UK passport of her own to permit entry to the UK.

Details on how to register here:-
Details on eligibility if the child was born before 2006 here:-

The mother does not accrue any additional rights in respect of entering the UK, however the fact that the child is a UK national (once registered) would mean she herself is more likely to get a visitor’s visa in order to travel to the UK with the child for visitations with the father.

If the mother is in a relationship with the father then I can explain options to come to the UK permanently if you wish to submit a further question to the board requesting me via my profile and marking your questions FAO Tom

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you