UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

I am married to a lady from Belarus but she needs an English

test A1 for spouse but...
I am married to a lady from Belarus but she needs an English test A1 for spouse but this test is not being done in Belarus only test for people coming here to start a business. Is it possible for her to come to the UK to take the test and then go back and apply for the visa to come and live here or any other way???????????
2/5/2012
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Thanks for your question. I will try and help you with this.

I'm sorry but it will not be possible for your wife to enter the UK to take the test.

As we are based in UK I cannot help you identify test centers in Belarus, but they must exist as others have made similar applications.

Thanks for your reply but I have looked all over to try and find a test centre to do the A1 test but cannot find one in Belarus. The only way she could take a test is to do three months training three days a week and over two hours from where she lives and she could not get time off work to do this and also the cost of the course is more than double her wages each month plus the cost of travel and no job during this time as she would lose it. There must be some way round this problem!!!!!!!!!!
Hi - this must be very frustrating for you. I cannot think of any other solution. I will opt out in the hope that another expert can help you.
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
All is now ok my wife is here and has settlement visa. I managed to do it without help from the Boarder Agency who seem to tell lies about thing as I have now found out that they have been told not to help anybody to come to this country so they do not even answer the question you ask, just like MP's who did not answer when I asked questions of them. Thanks again
Alice H
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate