How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good afternoon, I am a currently living in Ontario Canada,

Resolved Question:

Good afternoon,

I am a currently living in Ontario Canada, I have my british citizenship as my parents moved to Canada 40 years ago , my fiancee lives in Monterrey, Mexico. We are getting married March 4th 2012, then I will be moving back to England. What is the best way for her to join me, we are willing to postpone the wedding if it is easier to immigrate her on a fiancee visa. And how long is the process time approximately?

Rob Nelson
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues. What passport does your fiancee hold?

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.

It would probably be quickest to get married outside the UK after which your fiancee may apply for a UK spouse settlement visa.

The process of applying for such a visa is here:

If the application is complete and supporting documents in order, the visa could be issued in a matter of days or a few weeks at most.

Hope this helps. Please click Accept and we may discuss further if need be.

UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you