How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Due to unforeseen financial circumstances, I left my university

Customer Question

Due to unforeseen financial circumstances, I left my university course 8 months before I might have been eligible for a naturalisation application. I have a child born here, that will turn 12 in a few months. Can I apply for British Citizenship for the child and then be eligible to stay without waiting 14 years to apply as an overstayer?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

Yes, you may apply for British Citizenship on Form T for the child as the child was born here and has lived here for the first 10 years of his/her life, details here:

If you do not have long to go for the 14 year mark, I would suggest you wait and apply for ILR on that basis.

Hope this helps. Please click Accept

Related UK Immigration Law Questions