How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to apply for indefinate leave to remain for my wife

Customer Question

I want to apply for indefinate leave to remain for my wife after the 2 year qualifiying period, she has not managed to pass her life in the UK test, her visa runs out on the 26th February 2012, I was told that if she was in bereavement she would not have to sit the test again, her grandfather past away on the 29th January 2012, her test failure was on the 1st February 2012, his passing was in Colombia, can you please tell me if the above is true or do i have to apply for an extension of her current visa and get her to sit the tes again. Thank you
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

I can say the above is not true.

You will need to apply for an extension and re-sit the test.

She will not be exempt from the test.

Please remember to click accept so that I am credited for my time. Thank you.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions