How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7615
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am conchita gomez i am asking if my sister is allowed to

Resolved Question:

I am conchita gomez i am asking if my sister is allowed to sponsor me to stay here and continue working in carehome, i am student and nearly finish my nvq this year, my sister is a british citizen and living for almost 20 years if i not mistaken, what kind of help my sister do to help me to stay here. And what are the good moves that i am going to do, please help me. thanks a lot
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


I'm afraid that you sister cannot sponsor you for a visa to remain in the UK. There is no visa category which permits this as a way of securing your leave to remain in the UK.

If you are not in a relationship with a UK citizen, EEA national or person holding ILR and do not have access to considerable funds for the purpose of investment in the UK then you will have to apply for a worker visa. The main category for this at present is the Tier 2 Sponsored skilled worker visa:-


You will have to see if you have enough points to apply and then secure a job offer from a employer who is a licensed sponsor of Tier 2 migrants:-


IF the job you propose to do is not on the shortage occupation list then your employer will have to confirm that there is no one in the resident labour force that can fill the position:-


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.


I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

I note you have not clicked accept to my answer. Is there any further information you require?

If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I receive absolutely no credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. Only when you click accept does a portion of your deposit actually transfer to me and you will not be charged any further money simply by clicking accept.

Please click accept. You will appreciate that I cannot work for free


Related UK Immigration Law Questions