How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you please let me know the law required in order for me

Customer Question

Can you please let me know the law required in order for me to marry my fiance a Jamaican national also an over stayer of 7 years in the UK as I have heard that we can give notice to marry at the local registry office and we can then apply for a spousal visa, is this the case?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 5 years ago.
Hi,Thank you for your question.The best suggestion I can give you is to visit this website: will explain all the criteria required to apply for a spouse visa.Please kindly press accept.Kind regardsAJ
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not satisfied with your reply, it did not answer my question but only referred me to a site I have already checked out. Therefore I will not or would not refer this site to a third party.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.


When you try and get married you do not need your passport.


The registry office will not check any passport documents to see if you have a valid visa.


So the answer is no - there will be no visa or passport check.


Please remember to click accept so that I am credited for my time. Thank you.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions