How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on a U.K student dependant visa right now.My husband

Customer Question

I am on a U.K student dependant visa right now.My husband has been offered a job in u.k and is being sponsered by his company for a u.k tier 2 unrestricted (company sponsered) fast track visa appointment very soon.
I was accused of shoplifting and cautioned by the u.k police 3 months back and I spelt my name wrongly(I was scared) for my caution.I was finger printed I am scared that the ukba/police can now accuse me of not giving my name correctly and reject my visa.
What should I do?The company lawyer has collected all the documents,should I confide in her/how can I sort this out
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer. ..... Yes you should tell the lawyer. However it would make no difference to your application as it is a simple caution .......... It is only if you were convicted in court would it really make any difference. ....... You should not worry about a caution ....... Please remember to click accept so that I am credited for my time. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am worried about 2 different names -the one in the police record and the one in the ukba do not match, can ukba can say that I am lying by not disclosing the other name i mentioned while accepting the caution?

They have the fingerprints record

Can they say that be a issue.

Also it is a company sponsered lawyer,can this issue be disclosed by her to the company.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.

It will only be an issue if the UKBA find out.

Also the Police have to make the link.

Just because the Police have your prints does not mean there will be an automatic connection.

The lawyer does not need to disclose this - but the lawyer can not lie.

Please remember to click accept so that I am credited for my time. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What happens if they do make a link,is it not better that I state in the application to ukba(my biometrics is due so the application has not been sent yet right??) that I have two names spelt differently?

Atlease I will not be accused of lying.

What should I do/not do right now

I am soo worried

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Please can you reply?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

You should be honest in your application and reveal that you were given a caution for the incident. You do not need to disclose to them that you lied about your name, if picked up, you could argue that it was an error or typo.

Hope this helps. Please click on Accept and I will answer any follow up query that you may have.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

"The caution need not be mentioned " said ukba helpline and i am too ashamed to do it now.

should i not instead say I have two names :(

but them may ask how come i did not mention this "other" name in my last application which i made last year(to recieve my present visa)

what are my chances?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.
If I were you, I would mention the caution even though you have been advised that it is not necessary, just to show that you are being honest about it.

If a query is ever raised that the caution was given in a different name, you could argue that the caution was indeed given to you (as admitted by you) and that the different name is ***** *****

I would not advise you to say that you have two different names.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for being so silly and asking so many questions but I begin by saying I was given a caution,they will for sure check it find the wrong name and throw me out.

Saying that I have two different names,should that not make my sound more honest.

But truthfully-will they check this fact/come to know that I was cautioned.

If yes,can my application be rejected on this ground.

How serious is my situation?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.
They do not normally take cautions into account and I would be surprised if they even looked it up.

Using two names may arouse suspicion and you would be digging yourself deeper into a hole. For instance, you have only ever used the "false" name once and you are not known by that name elsewhere, so you would have a difficult time proving that you are known by two names.

Your visa would not normally be refused if you have a caution.

Your queries have been answered. Please click on Accept
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Can this application be changed now?

We are scheduled for our fast track biometrics very soon,does the application reach ukba after we give our biometrics?

Should I contact the police and try and get the records changed,pls answer

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.
The application may be changed if it has not been lodged and you may contact the police to correct the record if you wish. If you do not wish to incriminate yourself, you should inform them that the name they have down is an error and you can give them your correct name.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank a lot,but this is exactly what I am asking when is an application lodged during the fast track process,when do lawyers hand it over to ukba?

Should I/should I not contact the police right now?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.
You need to check with the lawyers handling your application if they have already lodged it. Fast track applications are usually lodged using the premium one day service at UKBA public enquiry offices.

If the application has already been lodged, you may want to wait for an outcome before contacting the police.

Your query has been answered, if you have further queries, I suggest you speak to the lawyers handling your application.

All the best and please click Accept before going offline.