How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, i am going to UK for vacation and my girlfriend she

Resolved Question:

Hello, i am going to UK for vacation and my girlfriend she is permanent resident in the US but she is from colombia, i found that she need a visa to UK, for us have been impossible to find how to get a visa here in Miami, what we can do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi Thanks for your question. To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following using the same numbering:-1. Have you already applied for a Visitor’s Visa from the UK embassy?Kind regards.Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we have not done anything. we are just tried to find how and were we can get it, but look like impossible, we were to UK consulate and they do not work with visas, we already got the Shegen visa for france and italy but for UK we have not idea how to get it.
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your reply. She needs to apply for a visitor’s visa. The uk has not signed up to the Schengen visa scheme and operates it’s own system of visas.If you are applying from the US then she MUST apply online. She can do this by visiting the following site and linking to the applying section:- The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow, is that you need to show that:-• You want to visit the UK for no more than six months; • You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit; • You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds You have to try and show them that he has continuing obligations in the US which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that she is not a risk of overstay. Things like a letter from her employer stating she has a job (if he does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property, bank statements showing the money she has available. If there is someone in the UK who will assist her during the intended stay you should ask them to go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of his visit, that she are to return at the end of it, that they shall accommodate her and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during the stay so that she will not need to access public funds. If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions. Kind regards,Tom
Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you