How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has a settlement visa has done the 2years and test

Resolved Question:

My wife has a settlement visa has done the 2years and test but has spent little time hear in uk . Most of the time in Jamaica now we have decided to divorce what rights does she have to come to uk and can I get them reversed. I also have a son with her.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

It appears that she is on the probationary spouse visa and does not yet have indefnite leave to remain in the UK.

You need to inform the UK Border Agency and the British High Commission in Jamaica that your marriage has broken down and that you are no longer living together. You should also disclose to them that she has spent most of her time in Jamaica.

The UKBA have the power to curtail/revoke her current visa, if they do so, she will not be able to enter the UK with it and if she is in the UK, they may take steps to remove her back to Jamaica.

In any event, she will not be able to obtain indefnite leave to remain if your marriage has broken down.

However, if your son is a British citizen, she may be able to get another visa to have access to him.

All the best. Please click on Accept

UKSolicitorJA and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions