How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am now in my middle 70s and my physical and mental capabilities

This answer was rated:

I am now in my middle 70s and my physical and mental capabilities are deteriorating.I would like to engage a "live in" carer. I have made some enquiries and have found a suitable person who is a Phillipine national who is in the UK on a student visa studying care management and who works in a care home as part of her course requirements to gain work experience.
Is there any chance of me taking over the sponsorship of this person from the college where she is studying and offering her this position?

I am afraid you cannot do this as you are not a "college" and her student visa would become void.

She may however work for you on her current student visa full time during vacations and part time upto 20 hours a week during term time ( she should confirm the exact number of hours she can work part time by getting in touch with the UKBA:

Hope this helps. Please click on Accept

UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions