How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I and my family have residency permit in UK.We are six in number;four

This answer was rated:

I and my family have residency permit in UK.We are six in number;four children.We are living in 3-bedroom house.I am working with an agency for the moment.My wife has just finished her post-graduated,and to be conferred on 4th April,2012.We want her mother to be present in the graduation,and she needed a 2-weeks visiting visa from Nigeria.What do we require to put a successful application? Thanks
Hi, Thanks for your reply. She will obviously need to apply for a visitor’s visa to come here for this. The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow (as I am sure you know), is that you need to show that:-• You want to visit the UK for no more than six months; • You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit; • You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds You have to try and show them that she has continuing obligations in Nigeria which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that he is not a risk of overstay because she at present has compelling family and social/work ties to NIgeria which mean that she will not attempt to secure a permanent stay here whilst she is visiting. Things like a letter from his employer stating she has a job (if he does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property), bank statements showing the money she has available, letters from relatives/friends confirming any obligations she has to them. Providing substantial documentary evidence of her money and her life in Nigeria is the absolute key to a successful application. If you will assist her during the intended stay you should go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of the visit, that she is to return at the end of it, that, that you shall accommodate you and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds. This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:- The UKBA are suspicious of one party to a couple visiting the other party in the UK because of the huge problem with overstayers he so you have to give them as much documentary evidence as you can that indicates that her life remains back in Kharkov and that there are verifiable reasons which will compel her to return. If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions. Kind regards,Tom
Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions