How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34263
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi ... I am from the UK, I want to apply for a spouses visa

Resolved Question:

Hi ... I am from the UK, I want to apply for a spouses visa to bring wife here. How much money do I need to have in the bank?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Hi -- Which benefits do you receive? -- Claire
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, i've been on JSA for 5 years, before that I worked as a HGV driver for 10 years. I'm out of work due to penalty points on my licence. They have expired now and I should be back to driving shortly. You can't have more than about £5000 if you want JSA. I can go back to work and have my father give me funds above £5000.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do I need to prove I can support the wife for the rest of her life, or just long enough for her to obtain naturalisation and passport?
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Hi -- You will need to show a at least six months bank statements showing at least £800 each time. You will need to show income sufficient to meet both your needs and that of your wife - and she will have to pass the language test -- more details here -- -- Claire
Clare and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you