UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

Hi ... I am male from UK. I have an online girlfriend, she

is Iranian. I want her...
Hi ... I am male from UK. I have an online girlfriend, she is Iranian. I want her to come to the UK and marry her. How would I go about making this possible please.
1/15/2012
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor

Hi

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. What nationality are you please

Kind regards.

Tom

I was born near London, England, Lived here all my 36 years and have a British passport.

Thanks for your reply.

You can either marry in Iran and then apply directly for a spouses visa. Once application, one application fee.

Alternatively, you can apply for a fiance visa so that she can come here specifically for the purpose of marrying you. Once married she would then have to apply for a spouses visa (settlement). Two applications, two application fees.

The eligibility criteria is largely similar for both applications.The advantage is that if your fiance visa is refused then you are not married. If you marry and you spouses visa application is refused initially and then on appeal then you are stuck being married but in different countries.

Here is the criteria you would need to fulfill for a fiance visa, as I say the criteria is largely the same for a spouses visa. If you meet this you will almost certainly not be refused a spouses visa:-

• You plan to marry within 6 months of her arriving here
  • You plan to live permanently together here
  • You have met each other before
  • You can support each other without the need for public
  • You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds

A basic list of the documents required to be submitted with the application is here:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/documents/

The above list is for a spouse visa but you will also have to submit evidence of your intention to marry (eg. Booking of venue, invitations etc) if you are to apply for fiancé visa).

You will need to apply for fiance/spouses visa using form VAF4 which is available for download from the UKBA website

You should consider instrucitng a immigration solicitor to prepare an applicaiton for you (whichever way you decide to do it). You can find local solicitors via:-

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

If she comes on a fiancé visa then she will be granted leave to remain for 6 months within which she must marry you and then apply for Further Leave To Remain (ie. Spouse visa). She would be grante two years under the spouse visa. At the end of this she can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain so stay here permanently. 12 months after she has obtained ILR she can apply to naturalise as a UK citizen if she so wishes so she can get a UK passport

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Thomas
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor