How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I live in UK my husband and I both have permanent visa

This answer was rated:

Hi, I live in UK my husband and I both have permanent visa that is indefinite visa. I want to sponsor my mother and brother for visit purposes, they live in Pakistan. My mother is 56 and brother is 18 years old. As I am pregnant so I want my mother and brother visit me when my child will born. what is the process. which documents should I need for the visa process



Thanks for your reply.


They will need to apply for a visitor's visas.


The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow, is that you need to show that:-

  • Youwant to visit the UK for no more than six months;
  • You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
  • You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds


You have to try and show them that they have continuing obligations in Turkey which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that they are not a risk of overstay. Things like a letter from their employer stating they have jobs (if they do) and are expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property, bank statements (6 months of) showing the money they have available for the purpose of the visit.


They can stay for up to six months and must leave at the end of it. They cannot seek to secure a more permanent stay whilst here - it would not be entertained by the UKBA and would be a reason to reject any future application they made.


If you will assist them during the intended stay you should go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of the visit, that they are to return at the end of it, that you shall accommodate you and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds. You should also attach evidence of your accommodation if they are to stay with you to evidence the fact that they will not need to pay for separate accommodation. You should also submit bank statements showing the money you have available to cover the cost of unforeseen expenses.


It should cost around £60+Vat for each stat dec and I would suggest both you and your husband execute them and send them to your mother/brother to submit with their applications.

They can apply via the UKBA website:-


If he is to stay for a long time he will need to demonstrate considerable funds in his account to pay the costs of his time here.


You can find immigration solicitors via:-



If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Thomas and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions