How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7618
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have indefinate leave to remain and want to apply for citizinship

This answer was rated:

i have indefinate leave to remain and want to apply for citizinship for my 17 year old daughter but they want proof of seperation with the father. . dad does not live in this country
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following using the same numbering:-
1. Are you divorced from the father?
2. Where is the father?
3. On what basis is your daughter entitled to citizenship
4. Does your daughter hold ILR?

Kind regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am not divorced
in sierraleone
as my dependant

How have you come to acquire ILR? What visa were you on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
on long term stay for over 10yrs work permit
Have you received correspondence from the UKBA about this, if so what does it say?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I’m a little confused over why they are asking this but if you were not married to the father then I should think that you will have to ask the father to execute a Statutory Declaration drafting by a solicitor here which states the facts (that although you were in a relationship and he is the father of your child he has been separated from you from the date of separation and confirms that you have sole residence your daughter and that here permanent home is in the UK).

A local solicitor should be able to prepare this for you to send to the father so that he can take it to a Notary where he is to execute it. It should cost around £50-75 + Vat for the solicitor to draft/prepare this for you. Once this has been returned you should also draft a Statutory Declaration confirming the facts and both should be submitted with your application. You should also state that as the father is in Sierra Leone there is no requirement or need that you apply to Court in the UK for a Residence Order because this is not disputed.

This would be the ideal way forward. It’s possible that the UKBA may not accept a Statutory Declaration executed by you on your own

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you