How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11843
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

helo my son was born in tenerife in 1995 when he was born i

Customer Question

helo my son was born in tenerife in 1995 when he was born i was really ill and when his father registered him he diddnt complete witch i diddnt know about untill i moved back to the uk
in 2005 and tried to get a birth certificate from the town hall in tenerife since then my husband has paid a lawyer in tenerife around 10,000 euro to sort this and other problems out i myself have flown over to tenerife and been to the lawyers office 3 times in the las year and a half
and each time spoke to his secretary only to be told she would get evrything posted to me within a few days nothing arrives i have sent numerous e mails and had no answers when i phone his secretary tells me he will phone back but never dose i have p honed both the spanish and english consulate here the english consulate the a man at the english consulate told me there was a new law brought out that meant that the spanish consulate could do it in the uk but spaeking to the spanish consulate they say this is not true i have asked the lawyer if he cannot do anything i need all my documents back ie we had to get our birthcertificates certified and lettere from the hospital in tenerife proving my sons birth my son is now sixteen and cannot do things without his birthcertificate
yours mrs j a read
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

I am a little unclear as to your question. kindly elaborate.

Many thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i want to know how i can get a birth certificate for my son when my lawyer will not answer my calls or emails and he has all the paperwork that is needed we are english but my son was born in tenerife. yours j a read
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jackie,


Do you still require a response?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes i still require a response yours j a read
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jackie,


In order to obtain a Birth Certificate for your Son, you would need to provide the required documentation, which you have already provided to your Spanish Lawyer, to the local registry office, who would be able to issue with a copy.


As you are unable to get hold of your lawyer to complete this process, I would suggest either instructing another lawyer or filing a complaint against your current lawyer with the regulatory body.


The only alternative is for you to attempt to obtain a copy by yourself, however, this would require you to visit Tenerife.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions