INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Hi, Could you please tell me if I am eligible to be granted

Hi, Could you please tell me if I am eligible to be granted Indefinite Leave to Remain?

I have been leglly stay in the UK over ten years. I got marriage since October 2009 with an UK citizen. We have a baby, therfore we receive child tax credit and child benifit monthly from government. My husband (UK Citizen) rent a house from local council for our living. Is this against the requirments of the Immigration Rules subject to public funds? Can I apply for settlement?

Look forward your respond.
Best Regards
Lisa
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Based on the limited information you have provided above, if you have been legally resident in the UK for 10 years, you would be eligible to apply for ILR.

You may have a problem in the sense that you have been reliant on public funds, however, the fact that you have a child who is a UK National would give you a very strong claim for Article 8 Rights under the European Convention f Human Rights.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,