How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, Could you please tell me if I am eligible to be granted

Resolved Question:

Hi, Could you please tell me if I am eligible to be granted Indefinite Leave to Remain?

I have been leglly stay in the UK over ten years. I got marriage since October 2009 with an UK citizen. We have a baby, therfore we receive child tax credit and child benifit monthly from government. My husband (UK Citizen) rent a house from local council for our living. Is this against the requirments of the Immigration Rules subject to public funds? Can I apply for settlement?

Look forward your respond.
Best Regards
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.



Based on the limited information you have provided above, if you have been legally resident in the UK for 10 years, you would be eligible to apply for ILR.


You may have a problem in the sense that you have been reliant on public funds, however, the fact that you have a child who is a UK National would give you a very strong claim for Article 8 Rights under the European Convention f Human Rights.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions