UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
62162956

hi, im anne, i came here 2006 under working visa tier 2, then

Customer Question

hi, im anne, i came here 2006 under working visa tier 2, then i met married my british husband march 2010, i switched to spouse visa and granted on september 2010, last august im already 5 years here, can i apply for permanent residency with two different type of visa within 5 years, if i could what form i need to fill in, im asking this because i want to leave my husband, he is so abusive verbally, and always looking for another woman, i proved this because i read his internet messages, he is not physically abusive but pyschologically and emotionally i feel treally terrible, he is always swearing to me, im wondering if i could apply the set dv victims of domestic violence, i cant live with him anymore, he is getting worse and worst, how can i prove that i am psychological and emotional abused because like if i am living like a hell, i cant finish until september this year living with with him but i want to stay here in this country permanently. thank you
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.
Hello Anne,

Sorry to hear about this.

You can normally only apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the UK after completing 24 months on your spouse visa.

However, you may apply for ILR before the above period has expired if there has been violence against you. I would advise you to look at this UKBA document which sets out in detail the requirements for obtaining ILR on the basis of domestic violence: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/modernised/family/section4.pdf?view=Binary

Some of the evidence that can help your case:

police reports;
GP reports etc.

The above document contains details of all relevant information and documents.

Once you get ILR, you can apply for UK citizenship immediately as you are married to a UK citizen and have been in the UK for at least 3 years.

Hope this helps. Please click on Accept