How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing to ask some questions about the

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to ask some questions about the policy on dependant of entrepreneur visa.
I have the entrepreneur visa (Tier 1) from 09.12.2011 until 09.12.2014 . My husband is dependant of my visa.
We have three children: 17, 12, 7 year old.
Oldest daughter (17 year old) has T4 Child Student visa from 6.10.2010 until 29.10.2012
Two children 12 and 7 year old had Student visas from 25. 08.08 until 31.10.11, now their applications are in the process of getting T4 Child Student visa, they already have an appointment for biometrics on 10th of January.
We would like to switch their current student visas into the dependants of my entrepreneur visa.
1. Is it possible to switch their visas without leaving the United Kingdom?
2. Should we stop the process of applications of younger children and apply for the dependant visa or we have to get their visa first and after send the new applications?
3. Could oldest daughter be dependant of my visa and live on her own, because next year she is going to study at university?
4. Could she have a part-time job?

Yours faithfully,
Irina Leonova
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.
Dear Irina,

Thank you for your queries which I will respond to following your numbering:

1. I am afraid not;
2. you cannot switch their visas in the UK so you should not stop their current visa applications;
3. she cannot switch to a dependant visa in-country;
4.she can work part time on her current visa.

They can all apply for dependant visas from your home country.

Good luck and please click Accept