How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1988
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a nephew who has been in uk studying for about 6years,

Customer Question

I have a nephew who has been in uk studying for about 6years, he intends to apply for settlement but i do not know how to go about it, could you please assist on what and how to go about it.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

I am afraid he may only qualify for indefinite leave to remain in the UK after being in the UK for 10 years, 6 years is not sufficient.

He would need to get further student or other visas for another 4 years to make up the 10 years.

The 10 year application is on the grounds of long residence. See here for detailed guidance on the rules and requirements:

Hope this helps

Related UK Immigration Law Questions