How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a UK citizen who lives in the US now as a LPR. My wife

This answer was rated:

I am a UK citizen who lives in the US now as a LPR. My wife has a son previous to knowing me with another man. The father of my step-son, me, my wife and the child all get on very well. He would like to know if we could all live in my native country, the UK. I know as I am a UK citizen that I could live there any time, my wife, I think could also live there as she is the spouse of a UK citizen but where does that leave her son and his father?

Correct, your wife could apply for a spouse visa and your step son could apply for a dependant visa if he is living in the same household as you.

However, I do not see an easy way into the UK for step-son's father other than visa free visits to the UK (assuming he is a US citizen).

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions