How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13326
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Someone i know, got married to a non uk national but the marriage

Resolved Question:

Someone i know, got married to a non uk national but the marriage ended within 4 months. She told the immigration office and 10 months later he is still in the UK on her spouse visa even though the marriage has ended. What can she do to help speed up the process to remove him from the country?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
IF she has advised the change of circumstances to UKBA then it is no longer a matter for her. It is up to UKBA if they wish to withdraw the visa. In any event the husband will not be able to apply to extend it. However if the wife is an EU citizen as opposed to a British Citizen then the position might be different as someone exercising EU rights may be able to stay if their child was resident here.
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you