How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Awan-Legal Your Own Question
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 128
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Awan-Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

One more thing does he need to take biometric as he had his

Customer Question

One more thing does he need to take biometric as he had his finger Prints at the time of immigration visa in 2009?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 5 years ago.

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal :

Thank you for requesting me again and for your previous accept.

Awan-Legal :

Yes he does need to have his biometrics taken again.

Awan-Legal :

Here is the information from the UKBA website about this:

Awan-Legal :

From 14 December 2010, migrants must enrol their biometric information (fingerprints and facial photograph) with the UK Border Agency if they want to apply for further leave to remain in the UK under the Tier 1 or Tier 5 (Temporary worker) categories of the points-based system.

Enrolling biometric information helps to protect the identities of genuine applicants. Successful applicants are issued with a biometric residence permit, which provides evidence of their permission to stay in the UK and shows the conditions of their stay.

We have amended our Tier 1 and Tier 5 (Temporary worker) application forms and policy guidance to reflect the new requirement.

If you apply by post to extend your stay in one of these categories, we will send you a letter when we receive your application. You will be able to enrol your biometric information at one of our 11 biometric enrolment centres (by appointment only) or at one of 17 post offices nationwide (which offer a walk-in service for an additional fee).

If you make your application in person at one of our public enquiry offices or using the super premium service, you will enrol your biometric information at the same time as you make your application.

For more information, see the Do I need a biometric residence permit? page.

Awan-Legal :

As he is applying for an extension under Tier 1 (previous HSMP), he will have to apply for biometrics as part of his application.

Awan-Legal :

I hope that answers your question. Please click accept on my answer. Thank you and best regards,