How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello,I have a question, I came over as an student and

Resolved Question:

hello, I have a question, I came over as an student and now my college is under investigation with awarding body and have not been granted my certificate so i cannot extend or apply for extension for my study visa, my visa expires in june 2012.


I got pregnants with my ex-boyfriend and has left me and does not want anything to do with the child. I cannot go back as my parents have disowned me and my relatives and cousins have threatned me that they will kill me and my unborn child if i go back to pakistan. I am so scared to go back, is there any chance I can apply for asylum un human rights act?



I am at the moment staying with my friend, please i would appreciate it if you can advise me and inform me what is the best route to take and if there is any chances of my asylum being granted or visa extension if i got ahead as my life is in danger.

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

You may lodge an application for further leave to remain on human rights grounds as your life will be in danger if you return back home.You should gather as much evidence as you can to support your application e.g. your boyfriend having left you, your parents having disowned you, your relatives threatening to kill you etc.

This will not be an easy application to make.
I suggest you read this internal UK Government guidance on human rights applications:

You may have a case under Article 3 which protects against degrading treatment or punishment. If the Pakistan Government will not protect you from your relatives, you have a good case.

I suggest you contact Laura Devine for further assistance if need be :

Good luck. Please click Accept

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what evidence can i collect in regards XXXXX XXXXX boyfriend, parents or relatives to use as to support my case? Also how can I be assured that pakistani government will help me as there is a lot of crupption within the system and I know that I can get killed and no one will ever know which will be a massive risk for me to take to go back to pakistan to my parents.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.
I cannot comment on the Pakistan Government's actions. As for other evidence, emails, letters etc may assist.

Hope this helps. Please click on Accept
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.
This Home Office document on Pakistan may help you to prepare your application, particularly the chapters on human rights abuses:

Good luck
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you