Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am a british citizen , I would like to invite my friend to

I am a british citizen , I would like to invite my friend to the country..but I am also in benefits for been a single mother with a Disabled child...Is there any problem with that?, the house were I live belongs to myself and my ex as we are doing divorce proceedings...I get DLA , IS, CA, CHTC, HB
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

• 1. Would this simply be for a visit and not for a permanent stay

Kind regards.

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just a simple visit due to the Olimpic Games and visit myself and my daughter
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

If your friend is a non-EEA national and must apply for a visitor's visa then it is most helpful to have a UK national act as their sponsor. However, if the visitor can demonstrate that they have sufficient finances to cover the cost of their stay here and any unforeseen expenses then it is not always essential for them to have a sponsor.

It would be usual for the sponsor to execute a sponsorship declaration at a local solicitors confirming that they shall meet the costs of unforeseen expenses and provide some basic evidence that they have funds and/or accommodation to assist.

That you are in receipt of public funds does not mean that you cannot attempt to be a sponsor but if the funds you are able to demonstrate are not very substantial then it's obviously less persuasive than would otherwise be the case. If they are to stay at your property then this will help though, and you should also provide the Land Registry register for your property to show the UKBA that you own a property at which they can stay.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom