How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Egyptian future Husband Immigration questions

Resolved Question:

My future husband is Egyptian we met while I was there in 2009, we are now wanting to marry here or in Egypt and to make a life together in one or other of the two countries, it all seems a minefield, of immigration law and confusing questions of how much money is required to support him if he comes here. I wonder if its best to go to a law firm that specialises in applications rather than to do ourselves?  it isn't clear how much money I would need to sponsor him?How can i find out the amount that everything will cost including money in savings and monthly income required and all associated costs required to get him to the uk?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

I am assuming you are a British Citizen.

If you wish to marry your future husband in the UK, he would need to apply for a marriage visit visa.

The other option (and possibly easier) would be to get married in Egypt and apply for a settlement visa as a spouse on form VAF4A. The general requirements are here:

There is no fixed figure as far as maintenance is concerned. You should support your spouse without recourse to public funds:

See this guide showing supporting documents normally required:

Hope this helps. Please click on Accept

UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions