How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am a british citizen currently in chile under a tourist visa,

Resolved Question:

i am a british citizen currently in chile under a tourist visa, i want to return to the uk with my pregnant chilean wife, to live and to have our child born in the uk... what do i need to do legalize this process? we are looking in leaving in March/april and the baby is due in July.
please help
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
If you are planning to live in the Uk permanently then your wife needs to apply for a spouse visa. She will need to pass an English language test and you will need to show that you can support her and your child without recourse to public funds.
She cannot lawfully come to the uk to settle as your wife on any other basis.

You can find more detail here:
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you