How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was born in Zanzibar to parents with British Protectorate

Customer Question

I was born in Zanzibar to parents with British Protectorate Passports. Due to the revolution we moved to Aden, Yemen in 1964. After independence from British rule life was tough and we moved to the UAE in 1972 and have been here since. At the moment we hold UAE passports but with no nationality (family book) hence are stateless.My father, my siblings, my son and myself have graduated from British universities. My daughter is applying to study in the UK after her IB in September 2012. I would like to find out if there is anyway I could migrate to the UK. Please advise. Thank you.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

I am afraid you would need to qualify in your own right under the points based system for a working visa if you wish to live in the UK:

Hope this helps

Related UK Immigration Law Questions