How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I applied for a Tier 5 UK visa and was refused because I included

Resolved Question:

I applied for a Tier 5 UK visa and was refused because I included an online copy of my Bank statement. Apparently I needed to also include a letter from my bank verifying the money is in my account. I didn't include that letter. I received an email during my application process that i needed to provide proof of funds with my application. I could submit my proof within 5 days and it would be added to my application. In the email i received they had a link that would tell me exactly what information I needed to add. When i clicked the link the page said "error page not found". I had to search on the UK website to find what they wanted. I submitted an online statement from my bank but was unaware that i needed a letter from the bank proving i actually had the money.

I just got the refusal today. What should I do??
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

I suggest you write a letter to the Entry Clearance Manager at the British High Commission and ask them to review the refusal on the basis of the problems you had with the link they sent you.

They may grant the visa provided you submit the bank letter.

Otherwise, you should lodge a fresh application including the bank letter and other documents.

Hope this helps.
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you