How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello.If a man from Lahore / Pakistan who has been here on

Resolved Question:

Hello.If a man from Lahore / Pakistan who has been here on an educational visa,with two extentions totaling five years.This has three years to run.He is married and his wife came here to live with him..She has a visa ( spouse )that runs until 2014..If the man divorces his wife before the end of the visa,is the posibility there for her to be sent back to Pakistan after her visa runs out assuming that she does not get married again before visa expiration date.Would the wife be sent back straight away or not..If so, then she is able to finish her visa until 2014?
When the mans visa expires in 2014 after an eight year period,can he apply for residency status?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

Once divorced, the wife would need to go back home. Your friend would need to inform the UK Border Agency that the marriage has ended and her visa would no longer be valid. Unless she applies for another visa, she would normally be required to leave within 28 days, if she does not, she may be removed back home by the UK Government.

He cannot apply for settlement until he has lived in the UK for 10 years.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click Accept
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions