How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

do i change his visa as my spouse while living here

Customer Question

i am spanish national and come in scotland glasgow two months before . i want to marry a pakistan national guy who is on student visa studying in university more than a year . what i need to do for that and do i need to go back spain or can i change his visa on my spouse while i am here in glasgow
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

You can marry the Pakistani man in the UK, you do not need to go to Spain.

Both of you will need to give notice to marry in a register office, more details available here:

If you are employed, studying or self sufficient in the UK, your Pakistani husband can apply for a residence card using form EEA2 which confirms his right to live and work in the UK as your family member. More details here:

Good luck and please remember to press accept

Related UK Immigration Law Questions