How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I have a question about a student visa running out...My

Resolved Question:

Hi I have a question about a student visa running out...My sister is a PhD dissertator but has just fallen extremely homesick and desperately wanting to go back home.She only has her visa until the end of Jan 2012...If she goes home and her visa runs out is it possible to apply for her visa extension from home?Thanks alot in advance I appreciate it!
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for your query,

I am afraid she will not be able to apply for an extension to her visa from home. She will need to submit a new tier 4 visa application (student visa) if she wishes to return back to the UK and complete her studies.

You can find more information on tier 4 student visas here:

Hope this is helpful. Please remember to click Accept
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions