Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

hi i want to hav an advise i want to claim asylam in uk which

hi i want to hav an advise i want to claim asylam in uk which airport is most suited to me i hav special needs two children along
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

There is no one airport at which persons must claim asylum. You can claim asylum at any airport. If you do so you will be called a “port applicant” for asylum. The next stage in the asylum process is that you must complete a “Screening Interview”. If you are travelling to either Gatwick/Heathrow then this will occur at the Croydon centre. This is the main centre in the UK but there is also a centre in Liverpool.

The UKBA can at the point you tell them that you wish to claim asylum detain you to arrange that you are travelled to Croydon. I would suggest that if this were to occur that you travel to Heathrow, which is in London so that the travel to Croydon is not particularly long and stressful on your children.

If the UKBA do not detail you then you will be given temporary permission to remain in the UK, stamped in your passport, so that you can stay for the duration of your asylum claim.

There is lots of information which will prove useful to you here:-

http://www.rcis.org.uk/asylum_process/applying
http://www.rcis.org.uk/asylum_process

This charitable organisation may also help:-
www.asylumaid.org.uk/

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom