How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello once again.just a quick question. I sent application

Customer Question

Hello once again.just a quick question. I sent application to the UK border agency on Nov 9.i was on a spose visa.i called today to change my postal address but the lady i spoke to told me she cant that my application has not being uploaded on the system yet.which made me worried coz they hv taken the money from my account like 4 weeks this uploading take place at the begining or the end of through process.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.



What applicaiton have you sent to the UKBA? Is it for indefinite leave to remain following you being here on a spouse visa?


Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it is for indefinate leave to remain following the probatory period.
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

The waiting time for applications of this type are quite long, you will see from the following link that in most cases it is less than 6 months:-

It is therefore not hugely surprising that the application has not been formally logged.

I would write a covering letter to them referencing fully your application so that they can find it and update the file. State that you have changed address and ask that they update their details accordingly. You should then follow this up a week after the letter with a telephone call to press them on whether they have initially uploaded your application details.

You should also speak to Royal Mail about arranging for a post redirection from your old address to your new address immediately.

If you do not have a copy of the replies to enquires.
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

I note you have not clicked accept to my answer. Is there any further information you require?

If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I receive absolutely no credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. Only when you click accept does a portion of your deposit actually transfer to me and you will not be charged any further money simply by clicking accept.

Please click accept. You will appreciate that I cannot work for free


Related UK Immigration Law Questions