How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Could I get clarification of the academic requirements needed

Customer Question

Could I get clarification of the academic requirements needed to enter the UK as the spouse of a British Citizen?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
There are none where did you get the idea you need academic requirements. Do you mean the english language test? If so you will find the information here:
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I was just reading 284.(ix)(c) and (ix)(d) ?
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
So what is your question? Have you read the link I sent you? Are you trying to find out if you are exempt from the English test ? If so essentially you need to have a degree taught in English from a reputable university or come from a country classified as English speaking
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the link, yes I did read it - I was just saying in reference to my original question about academic requirements whether the link I sent you meant there were indeed any academic requirements?
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
No there are no academic requirements but if you have a sufficient level of academic achievement this can be used as evidence that you can pass the required standard of english instead of passing an english language test.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions