How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Eu family member or tier 2

This answer was rated:

I am malaysian, legally married to an austrian, living in germany. Husband is transferred to work in chad, we planning to move to uk. He works one month in chad, and one month off. This one month off he will be spending it with me in the uk.

Meanwhile i have a job offer in the uk. We would like to know which direction to apply for entry to uk. Should i apply for tier 2 or as spouse of eu member?

What complications might occur in terms of multiple exits and entries to the uk for me?

is your employer able to sponsor a tier 2 visa? How long have you been married? Where is your husbands employer based?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Future employer is baker hughes, rated a. We have been married since 29 march 2010. My husbands employer is schlumberger, though he will work in chad, the legal entity is in paris.
As your husband is an EU national he is of course free to come and live in the UK. You are also able to come with him. If you are going to establish a permanent him where then I think your right to be here will not be affected by the fact the he works abroad at the moment. You need to apply for a family permit before you come to the Uk and it is essential that you are either coming her with him or coming to join him here. You do not have the right to come on your own. The other point ot note is that if he is not working here you have to be self sufficient and not reliant on any state funding which includes the NHS so you ought to have private medical insurance. This does not apply if he is working here but it does if he is just using EU right to live here.

Once you are admitted you can get a residence permit as evidence of your right to work.

To get a family permit see here:
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you