How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi ! I in Uk legaly from 1998. I am Romanian. Under exising

Customer Question

Hi ! I in Uk legaly from 1998. I am Romanian. Under exising immigration law amI intitle to aply for naturalization?
Thank you!
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.


Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

  • 1. Have you applied for Permanent Residence yet?

Kind regards.


Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The answer is NOT. I did not made any further application in this mater
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.



Thanks for your reply.


IN order to apply for naturalisation a person must be free of immigration time restrictions and otherwise meet the criteria on the following page:-


IN the case of an EEA citizen this means that you must first apply for Permanent Residence. You can do this provided you have been in the UK for a period of 5 years exercising your treaty rights (ie. Working). You can find all the information on this and how you need to apply on the following link:-


You will need to apply using UKBA form EEA3.


Once you have Permanent Residence you can then apply to naturalise.



If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.


I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Tom,

I need more help.

On the wed side recomended, for Romanian, are specified conditions.

So I can not use EEA 3 form.

Can I have your help Please! Thanks,


Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.



I'm not at home and on my mobile right now.

Can I answer later please?


Customer: replied 5 years ago.


that's not a problem.



Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.