How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Question about PSW visa Tier2 general visa??? 1). My wife(dependent

This answer was rated:

Question about PSW visa Tier2 general visa???

1). My wife(dependent visa) doing her MBA dissertation, will be able to submit by earlist date of Dec 2011 ending. my question is if she is not able to get the result by march 2012 ending, she cant apply for visa PSW before the rules changing on april 2012.

my question is, i have seen the PSW application form from UKBA.

1.1 Incountry application form has an option to apply for visa by tick the certificate was not awarded by university, but the university mention that the student result is pending. in this case we can apply for psw visa before new rules, even though we are waiting for the result.
1.2 Outcountry application form no such option. if we have certificate then only we can apply for that. is there any advise u can give on this situation to apply for visa when we are waiting for the result.

2). I have an opportunity to get tier2 visa from XXX hotels but i would like to work for the present company.can i dothat?

if the XXX hotels provide me no objection certificate, to work in different companies, is it valid.

is current employer able to use the no objection certificate to provide me the job according to the law favouring.

your detailed answers greatley appricated and rewarded with affordable amount.

Many thanks

Mr. Reddy
Hi Reddy,

Is she applying out of country, yes?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, from India.

Thank you.

Hi Reddy,

With regard to the second question. You have hotel willing to sponsor you under Tier 2, what do you mean when you say work "...for the present company"?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I will tell the actual story.

The new company will be able provide the tier2 visa to stay in this cournty because i know them, but He has really no opportunity to provide the good job.

The presnet company i am working is willing to continue me in the same job, if i do something legally.

please advise.

many thanks

Hi Reddy,

Thanks for your reply.

First question. If there is no provision for an application to be made on the basis of a pending certificate in the case of an application made out of country then you cannot apply unless you have the full certificate. I'm afraid that if the certificate does not come in time then you would be best advised to wait until it does then apply. An application is judged on the date the application is submitted.

If you do not meet the criteria under any new rules then I'm afraid there is not a great deal you can do. If you send in the application with a covering letter stating that the certificate will follow then I would imagine the UKBA would reject it unfortunately.

Second question. IN the case of Tier 2 sponsorship you as the applicant must work for the company that is sponsoring you. One company cannot sponsor you to work for another company I'm afraid.

Sorry it could not be better news.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions but I will be offline now for a couple of hours.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you